ness goss

Travel and life info

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Belfast - the good part


Happy New Year!

Belfast was definitely different to previous locations I have spent a happy new year. Don’t get me wrong– you could be at a pub anywhere in the world with an alcoholic beverage in hand. But there is always something in the back of your mind that keeps reminding me I am in a foreign place (even if you are with very unforeign friends J) The thing that gave it away for me was the ladies bathroom in the Hotel; they all looked like The Coors. Now don’t get me wrong, The Coors chicks are very beautiful, it’s not Belfast’s fault that the sound of the song Breathless leaves me gasping for air!
The night began around 11.25am we headed to the pub. This was on the way from being kindly chauffeured from the airport in a BM (Thought of you and Corporate Cup Drecs J ). Being New Year and all, we were trying to get tickets to the big event. The pubs here open at 11.30am so we headed to the ‘bottlo’ (not what they refer them as in Bfast) to suss out the tickets.
At 11.30(still am) we entered the fine establishment where Pete obviously felt out of place walking in and not ordering a round – even after the previous 48 hrs of Irish frivolity. We were told it was first in best dressed and no tickets were actually available for the night – but get here by 5ish or you will miss out!
Gotta say that the pint of Harp I induced that morning was one of the better ales I have downed in the UK.
We quickly had another drink (well Pete and I did – the others thought it was too early (WE!) and took a long journey in a round about way (apparently) to Michaels house in Crumlin.

We began drinking around 3pm – avoiding the opportunity to have a brief snooze for fear of missing out on this adventure. We got to the pub via taxis strategically ordered by Mick – at around 5pmish – On arrival we met up with Heather – a chick originally from Adelaide we met on Xmas Day at the Aussie Xmas, had a bite to eat, did a bit of dancing (do you believe me?:)) and of course took heaps of piccys. – was a long but great night. However didn’t think we were going to make it to midnight!
(picture of us in Belfast before we left the house New YEars Eve - about 5pm!)

2 Comments:

At 11:28 pm, Blogger Saint said...

G'day V, just a quick note to say i've been reading your updates with great interest. You have managed to build up the anticipation like a bad soapie. I can't wait for the next instalment.
Catch ya later. X

 
At 11:41 pm, Blogger Ronnieroo said...

Hey Nessy Neice. You remind me so much of myself at your age. The location a little further south...
I wonder if you will be like me at 49 going to bed at 11.30 and missing the lot.I think I did myself in with all those previous near year celebrations. Anyhow do go on and let us know how the rest of the night/morn went. Luv Your Aunt ROO.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Free Counter