ness goss

Travel and life info

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Its dark already!

I am again at work, pondering where to go after. Rez and I are looking at ANOTHER house tonight at Willesden Green. We have been trying hard to avoid the Aussie/Kiwi/Saffa areas of London, but there is something nice about the inner north west that we Aussies obviously can familiarise with. Plus the shopping in Hammersmith nearby is unbelievable. I think Renee and I spent about 2 hours Sunday afternoon just in one shop that had designer everything at unbelievable prices. The only problem was that there were people everywhere and you have to go through everything to find your uk sizes if available (I am still unsure how that works - you will be proud or ashamed of me still that I havent bought any clothing!)
Anyway, this was after an all nighter at a pub and a bar not far from where we are staying in the burbs. Needless to say that we wandered aimlessly after our latest kebab trial.

UPDATE: Rez just got a job - hurrah! As a PA for Goldman Sachs. She starts Thursday. I think that means cider for dinner tonight. (god - the champers is gross and sooo expensive :( ) A guy who I work with who bought me a bottle of ITALIAN ?????? champagne at Friday night drinks. Bless. Anyway, I am now a beer drinker. Geppy, Grandad, you will be so proud of me ;)

A group of us are contempating going ice skating sometime between now and xmas. There is definetely a market for it here (come to think there is a market for everything - and everything at the markets, that are everywhere...)
We have found a slight replacement for Charlesworths, called Cranberrys. Its not the same but offers an array of nibbley bits that we are missing dearly. (also at the shopping mecca)

It maybe a little bit late, but today I received an invite for an assessment day for an airline. Darn it! I really like it here. These things always happen at the worse time. Last time I received one of these from Virgin I was so not in the frame of mind to leave DECS. (but everything happens for a reason;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Free Counter