ness goss

Travel and life info

Friday, December 09, 2005

Working for the £

While the Aussies sleep, I am sitting at my desk. (software engineer free!)
It is now day 2 of my working career in London; day 8 of my holiday (if you can call it that) and I like it! I never thought that working in another IT environment could ever be as good.
My first day comprised of such events as
Getting to a place in the world you have never been before by 9am - accomplished.
Meeting lots of lovely like age people - mostly not londoners; and get invited to the pub for lunch/Friday work drinks/Xmas party - accomplished.
Getting your own laptop, mobile phone and finding out you are going to be travelling to the outskirts of london frequently for something??! - accomplished.

My role is Services Coordinator for Redstone Communications and apparently I am in charge of ensuring that 14 male engineers log and complete cases within SLAs. Among other things that will eventuate due to a recent merger where no one knows who is going to do what. (Nothing really changes public to private - except free stuff)

Day 2 I have started to get into the actual job. I think Ill be here a while.

Other things of interest - Rez and I are looking at a few places to live on the weekend, we will probably do Portabello or some other markets and I think we are going out at least on Sat night with the Aus crew.

I hear it is going to be 38 there on the weekend; which I am totally fine with. It has been quite nice here! Thy sun is beaming through the window at my desk (yes, but I have a view of a building site) and I actaully wore my sunnies at lunchtime today. Nothing could be better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Free Counter