ness goss

Travel and life info

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Ealing - Zone 3 (no mayo pleeaasssee!)

We have moved to my friends share house in the meantime while we find a place to stay, jobs etc. I have had two recruitmenty interviews over the last 2 days. The first one was more of a professional/permanent company where marketing and IT jobs are the forte. Very professional. I feel I need to go to Oxford St and purchase a navy suit... Did someone say Oxford st!?? We were actually there to register for a temp agency - this took 2 hours. I had to do a spelling, typing, word, xl and pp test - for a job on an IT help desk!??? booooooooooooooo anyway, - they are putting me fwd for that job today...??! It sounds like a no brainer, and it is something to do (and earn £) til I get something better.
So, back to the good bit. I met Rez on Oxford st afters, but while I was waitin for her, strolled in to Next and Debenhams (to get out of the cold of course! ;)It was utter torture! I have been quite refrained from purchasing - I think a look in Nats waredrobe scared me after having to lug about 35kgs across town - i think I might return in 2006 to participate in the Commonwealth Games in Melbourne - because I have swimmers arms from carrying my backpack!
We caught a bus on Oxford to get around to Vic Station. It took 1/2 hour because we were all ordered to get off less than half way there. Next time we will just walk that mile. The tube takes so long due to the steps to get to the line you are after, even thought it is only 1 or 2 stops away -and yes our life has been like a Monopoly board!


Last night Rez and I met Nat and Kyles for a REHS reunion of our own. Hilarious. You go across the world and nothing really changes. Except that everything here has mayo on it! Blerch! Must be the contents of the Heathrow Injection! But just incase you are watching what you eat, some sandwiches offer the mayo and low fat mayo conveniently in the same sandwich.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Free Counter