ness goss

Travel and life info

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Pre Aus Day


Photo: Kate Ceberano and I - Adelaide 2005

Just incase there is someone out there that hasnt seen this pic - here it is!

Us Aussies (with a mix of cousin Kiwis for good measure) at the Willy G share house are getting into gear for a blinder Australia Day - unfortunately its not a public (BANK!) holiday for it here, but apparently it is a lucrative market - the pubs open earlier than usual to accommodate the hordes of patriotic beer drinking fun lovers. (cha ching!) We are still deciding a number of options such as do we go to work that day? do we just leave work early? Where do we go? Who is playing the best mix of Oz rock (even though the TNT has attributed most of its pages in the last few editions to the cause - this is why aging ozzy rockers stay in our memories).
I have heard quite a few Aussie tunes whilst here, mostly Land Down Under, but I went bowling last Wednesday (did I tell you I won the first game - against 3 guys?)
and was suprised to here the Veronicas! I still long to here my Kate out loud though. She gets cranked on the tube on my MP3, but its just not the same as pumping the stezza loud in your bedroom and getting all patriotically pretty to party!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Free Counter