ness goss

Travel and life info

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Live Earth 07/07/07

I know its all for a good reason and everything, but I was less than impressed with Live Earth at Wembley.
Since the issues of failed car bombings last weekend, you would think that the security would have at least been heightened since my last event. At George Michael, I couldn't fault the lengths they had gone to ensuring safety and everything went like clockwork.
For Live Earth, they weren't even checking bags.

- Obnoxious people in the crowd drinking from bottles they had smuggled in without issue.

- Obnoxious people in the crowd getting territorially feisty and starting fights (Annoying girl in brown, you know who you are..) even Black eyed peas noticed - where is the love?
- Obnoxious people in the crowd smoking - can't you just deal with it?
- Plastic cups handed out to pour your water bottles into. Why don't we just use more plastic?? !!! Isn't that what this concert all about!???????

Except for Duran Duran and Keane the music was so so, with boring monotone speaking in between each act.

Oh, and the fuck around I got when I left.

Me: oh, this looks like an exit (although not signed)

Guard: You have to go to the other side.

Me: ookkkay (walks to the other side) Can I get out here?

Guard 2: No - go around there (obviously the word door wasn't in his vocab)

Me: the other guy just said to come here!

Guard: no

Me (storms off through the definitely unmarked door, leading me around a back corridor in Wembley to a FIRE door! Fuck it. If it goes off its not my problem.... Im out.)

Security and the disrespect for the general well being and care factor of people sux in the UK!

Luckily, I made the right choice and got home in time to see the Foos and Maddie - up close and personal on TV!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Free Counter