ness goss

Travel and life info

Monday, July 02, 2007

Finale farewells fever (for me anyway)




A few weeks ago, I was watching the only thing that we generally seem to tune in to on a regular basis on Sky. He whom I adore - Frasier. I am however quite disappointed that Sky seem to balls it up by replaying the ones you have seem as many as about 6 times in a few weeks - yet other episodes seem to never be played. The other gripe I have, is that (obviously) they can't play them in sequence! My dear Pommy housemates who have only just got into the Frasier thing, (nothing to do with my addiction of course!) do not know that Niles and Daphne hooked up - but know that they are about to pop out a baby.
Well, this is just the tip of the iceberg. The day I moved from Oz the last episode of Frasier aired on Aussie Teev. Therefore I had some, er other things on the agenda and never saw it. Until recently. I turned on Frasier on (?!) after dinner and started watching (always wondering if I had seen this one - and how many times). Nope. Haven't seen this one. Good. But sad. Everything seemed to come to an end with no room for plots to be evolved. Then it came to me (when Daphne gets rushed to hospital!) that this was the last episode EVER! Well, I have never cried so much at a TV program. I don't know whether it was fact #1 it was the last one, #2 it was sad, or #3 just plain I was mad at Sky for not informing me that this was it! The finale! Usually this comes along weeks before - you know the end is near. But not this time.
Friends on the other hand, was desirably played to fill in a Sunday night. Another one I had missed out on at the time for I had more things to do in Aus than watch telly. I don't know whether this one was because I knew it was over (like watching a grand final where you know your team is going to lose cause you heard people talking when you were going to just tune in for the replay. But now you know the score so why bother?) K was building me up to it too. She was so teary eyed - bless. But this gave me time to prepare myself for the inevitable.

Oh and for more waterworks whilst we are at it...!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Free Counter