ness goss

Travel and life info

Sunday, July 01, 2007

UK shopping tip #1

People beware: there is a new? social disease in the UK - the return of your debit card after purchase!
This has happened to me AT LEAST 3 times. and no, it ain't just the factory robots at the likes of your local H&M, Sainsburys or M&S. I have discovered it also has effects at the upper market high street designer stores. Originally I put it down to the laziness/lack of customer service/staff that get paid £2/hr. Now I know better.

Somehow, you have to put all your previous purchases behind you. Forget the great customer service you experienced in Oz for the most part of your shopping life where the assistant ALWAYS processes the card for you and all you have to do is remember the numbers(and basic motor skills).

Don't make conversation - or respond to them when they give you gift with purchase. Just watch that card. That way you don't have to spend the night retracing your shopping steps (or strides). You don't have to call them the minute they open to abuse... er, I mean ask them if they have it. Or is this just me!??? I have never lost ANYTHING in my life! (note to self.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Free Counter