ness goss

Travel and life info

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Believe it...... or not!




So I have been living in Canary Wharf for almost a month. Its so lovely with the view of the Thames, (see piccys 1. me in my room with a view, 2. Millenium Dome at night - looks like a giant birthday cake is floating toward us) all this newness and the Docklands Light Rail (DLR) is a constant reminder of home (more specifically Sydney Harbour). The suprise here is that whilst I was more than satisfied with the local new shopping centre with an array of chain and designer retail stores, I just discovered yesterday that as you come off the tube, either side there is a sign that says 'Canary Wharf - through to offices and shopping mall'. Whilst I have always been intrigued that maybe there was not just one, but 2 shopping malls in the same complex, my South Australian brain told me that how could there possibly be any more shops in this complex? Is there that much money and people to warrant this? SA brain - no, plus the sign says MALL... singular. Anyway, yesterday my adverture'ness' told me just to have a look. Make sure that the SA brain is exactly that. SA brain was again overruled by an array of even better shops, ie Karen Millen (my fave), FCUK, Fiorelli, Loccitane and a food courty thing with a really good boost juicey place that have wicked cherry-licious smoothie (Carly, 2 of our things together lol).

Believe it... or not!

1 Comments:

At 1:09 pm, Blogger Ronnieroo said...

Wow and double wow!Looks like you landed in the right place.Take a look at my blog. What opposites. I guess between us we have the best of both worlds hey! Luv ya! Aunty R

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Free Counter