ness goss

Travel and life info

Monday, February 18, 2008

Catch me up

I understand its nice (hot) weather in Adelaide - sunny here too but as cold as a penguins butt! I think you call that scitzophrenic! However I shouldnt complain, it has been quite mild all year until this week. The only other cold snap was 26 Dec - 1 Jan in New York.

I know youve heard it from me before, but I absolutely love USA and going back after 8 years just reminded me how good it was - expecially now I have lowered my standards in London! ;) Everyone got on the plane back depressed with the thought of going back. Renae met me there from Oz and she loved it too.
We spent a lot of time shopping (actually much to Julez' delight) a little bit of sight seeing, but it is hard trying to organise 7 people when there is so much to see and do!

Other than that I was exhasted from travelling to Riga (see blog piccys below for highlights - cushiony tea house, bobsleigh and garlic breath!!) and Paris (Bruce Springsteen concert) just before Christmas, Christmas weekend 'lunch' at my place for Julez mum and her partner John - which was really nice to have a family Christmas at our place!! Work being madly busy and looking after Renae etc etc - as soon as she left London we both got the Flu. Needless to say I have laid low taking it easy in preparation for Mum, Dad and Bretts visit. I am getting very itchy feet though, the whole being in London this long without a trip is getting too much for me!
Mum, Dad, Brett, Julez and I are off to Italy and Germany for a week at the end of March. Tuscany and Umbria then fly from Rome to Munich and then back to London. The following weekend we are heading to Scotland and the weekend of the 19th is Julez birthday so we might head somewhere for that...tbo. The following week they head home (23rd) and then Brett is heading to Turkey for ANZAC Day. Start of May long weekend a girls trip to Budapest is organised. At the end of May I am going away for a week with Nat to Greece via EasyCruise! Ive also planned a weekend in June to Hamburg to see Kylie for Azza's 30th. Other than that the diary is free for a prospective trip back to Adelaide for my cousins wedding - they have only been engaged for about 6 years.... ;)

In other news our landlord decided they would let us know they are selling our flat, so our contract ends April 12 - right smack bang in the middle of Mum Dad and Brett being here of course! Something I was not planning on! At least they will be here to assist with the move (lucky its just clothes - or maybe unluckily because of the amount I have accumulated!) ;)
So the last 2 weekends I have been rigourously looking online for properties to buy - it is quite expensive, however cheaper than rent and ill have an investment (in ££! ;) for when I head home.

2 Comments:

At 5:06 pm, Blogger Ronnieroo said...

Try to convince your mum and Dad that you didn't plan a moving expedition during their visit!!LOL
And i suppose you have so many clothes because your aunt is not there to give them to. LOL x2
Luv Ya! R

 
At 1:14 pm, Blogger Ronnieroo said...

hey there, i suppose you're busy running mum dad and little brother around. Get on chat sometime will ya.
Love to everyone.
Aunt RRRRRRRR

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Free Counter